Demand for food processing machinery in Russia
The ban on imports of food, along with the Russian government’s import substitution policy, means that the Russian food industry will continue to develop and expand in a favorable competitive environment, incentivizing investment in modern technology for processing and packaging.
COMPANIES AND SECTORS BENEFITING FROM THE OPPORTUNITY
• Finnish food processing machinery and equipment producers
SOLUTIONS OR PRODUCTS NEEDED
The best opportunities exist for high value-added processing and energy-efficient equipment in of the following sub-sectors:
• Dairy processing and packaging equipment
• Slaughtering lines
• Meat and poultry processing equipment (the highest demand is in turkey processing and packaging)
• Industrial floor cleaning and other cleaning equipment
• Washing systems
• Fruit and vegetable processing and packaging equipment
• Baking equipment, both for small bakeries and large bread-making factories
If you are interested in the Russian market, please contact the Finnish-Russian Chamber of Commerce (FRCC) in St. Petersburg to get advice of where to target and who to contact. FRCC can also organize meetings with potential partners in Russia. Regarding Russia, it is important to be proactive and offer solutions to the market.
This opportunity is a republication from 2018.