Saint Petersburg launches the International Competition for the Architectural Landscape Design Concept for the Tuchkov Buyan Park in Saint Petersburg
On 15 November, the International Competition for the Architectural Landscape Design Concept for the Tuchkov Buyan Park in Saint Petersburg will begin accepting applications from participants. Interested parties can submit their application at park-spb.ru/eng.
The territory of the future park is a part of the Historic Centre of Saint Petersburg and Related Groups of Monuments UNESCO World Heritage Site, established in 1990. The site is within walking distance of the city’s key landmarks: Peter and Paul Fortress, the Rostral Columns of Vasilievsky Island, the Hermitage and Palace Square, the Admiralty, the Church of the Savior on Blood, the Russian Museum, St Isaac Cathedral, and others. Tuchkov Buyan will become a city park with direct access to the Neva River, offer new panoramic views of the city’s main landmarks and unite Saint Petersburg’s green spaces with a single, unbroken pedestrian route.
The goal of the competition is to define the vision and landscape architectural concept for the park that meets the demands of city residents, visitors, and the specialist community. Russian and international landscape designers and architects are invited to participate. The deadline for application submission is 15 January 2020. The procedure, rules, and conditions of the competition meet the international standards set by the International Union of Architects (UIA).
- Application submission window: from 15 November 2019 to 15 January 2020;
- Jury meeting and selection of the eight finalists: 3–4 February 2020;
- Development of competition proposals: 5 February to 8 May 2020;
- Jury meeting: 14-15 May 2020;
- Announcement of competition results: 3–6 June.
- The selected competitors who will submit design proposals will each receive an honorarium of $60,000 USD.
- The prize money of $100,000 USD will be allocated as follows:
- first prize: $50,000 USD;
- second prize: $30,000 USD;
- third prize: $20,000 USD.
+7 921 869 05 06